I don’t normally do these kinds of things, but I’m bored now that I passed my first grad class with a 98% average. w00t! Here it goes in no particular order:
- Spoon – Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
- It’s an infectious groove that gets into your brain. Over. And over.
- 1 2 3 4 tell me when they release some more…
- Just some all-around good music to sit and enjoy the weather, sipping a lemonade.
- Wish the same could be said for his son’s album, Rufus Wainwright – Releasing the Stars. That one lost me.
- Groundbreaking work recorded in a Montreal cathedral. Simply breathtaking.
- Girl rock, old school, with nice harmonization and an edge.
- Guitar driven melodies and intelligent lyrics that somehow got overshadowed since the album’s early 2007 release.
- A quirkly collection of songs that works well together, reminiscent of a 1970’s disc. Bring on the cocktails!
- I’m Impressed.
- Militaristic in its theme and drive, but well-rounded and politically charged.
- How can you not like a song about poop?!?
- Great night music.
By no means is this comprehensive. 2007 brought a lot of good music, some of which I have yet to give a listen. Like Iron & Wine. Rockfour. Okkervil River. Architecture In Helsinki. Paolo Nutini.
And I need to ask, what’s with all the bear groups this year? Grizzly Bear. Panda Bear. Giant Bear. Bear Hands. Minus the Bear. It’s like the deer last year. Deerhunter. Deerwolf. Aaargh. It’s enough to thoroughly confuse a person.