This post is a bit of a piggy-back on to the Passions post. If I didn’t have to worry about making money and working, I’d be doing more of what I have been doing in my free time: exercising, volunteering, and creating stuff.
I’m not the type of person to sit idle for long periods of time. In fact, I’d be a downright miserable person without something to occupy my mind!
Let’s map out a typical (hypothetical) day in the life:
- Get up around 8:30 – 9:00. Take meds, check email, make and eat breakfast.
- Two hours of writing after breakfast.
- Two hours of exercise. Swimming, biking, running, weights, Pilates, yoga… anything to keep my body moving!
- Shower then lunch.
- Prep dinner.
- Two hours of volunteering for a cause or at a library.
- Two hours for painting, more writing, gardening… something to keep my mind moving!
- Free time for events, social engagements, etc.
- Bed around midnight or 1:00.
I’m a fairly firm believer in keeping some type of schedule. Better planning and time structuring. And too many social events would tax me, so I need to make sure to have enough ‘recovery time’ between engagements.
What would a typical day for you look like if you didn’t need to work for your money?